IRA Checklist: Three Steps to Open Your IRA
Whether you’re opening a new IRA or transferring an IRA from another provider to Woodlands Portfolio Management, the process is easy and help is only a phone call away.
Get started on your own with this checklist or call us at 832-647-9590 for help at any point in the process.
Open a Fidelity Traditional or Roth IRA at Woodlands Portfolio Management
Contact Woodlands Portfolio Management to start the account-opening process. It’s quick and easy to open a Fidelity Traditional or Roth IRA.
Fund your account or transfer your existing IRA assets
Once you’ve opened your account, there are several ways to fund it.
- Make your first contribution.
Consider maximizing your contributions each year, up to the limit of $6,000 in 2019 and $6,000 for 2020. And if you’re age 50 or older, you can save an additional $1,000 each year with catch-up contributions.
- Transfer or roll over other IRA assets.
One statement. No surprises. We’ll guide you through the process of moving your IRA to a new Fidelity IRA.
- Roll over old 401(k)s.
We have a team of rollover specialists ready to help. Call 832-647-9590 to get started.
Woodlands Portfolio Management will Create a Portfolio for you
- Call to schedule an appointment and you’ll get a one-on-one, complimentary portfolio review.
- Woodlands Portfolio Management will develop a comprehensive investment strategy based on your goals.
- Select from a wide range of investment options for your Fidelity IRA, including Fidelity and non-Fidelity funds, stocks, bonds/Treasuries, CDs, and ETFs.